Sometimes one of us may delete an important text message by mistake, but iOS 16 phones can solve this problem.
iPhone users running iOS 16 can follow these simple steps.
Find your deleted text messages
- All deleted text messages can be found in the Messages app.
- To find your deleted messages, open Messages and tap the Filters option at the top right of your text message threads.
- You can filter your text messages by known senders and unread messages.
- Select “Recently Deleted”.
- A list of recent text messages will appear, showing phone or contact numbers, the number of messages, and the days left until permanently deleted.
- This will include both entire threads and individual texts that have been deleted.
- You will only be able to see and recover deleted messages if they were deleted in the last 30 days.
- You can’t see the actual messages themselves, so you’ll have to get them back by recognizing the contact’s name or phone number.
Recover deleted text messages
- If you want to recover a text message, tap the message thread or message so that it is selected, tap Recover at the bottom right, then tap Recover Message in the popup that appears.
- You can also recover all your deleted text messages at once, then don’t select any message and just click on Recover all.
- Your recovered text messages will appear in sequential order from the time they were sent or received, so you may have to scroll a little through existing text messages to find them, especially if they are old and you have a large number of new messages in your inbox.