Most of us have the habit of keeping our electronic devices like smartphones locked to ensure data privacy and security, but sometimes, the idea of keeping the information stored on your device secure can backfire. Other than doing a factory reset to delete your data in order to unlock your phone again.
Fortunately, there are several different ways to unlock smartphones in case you forget your password or pattern lock, or if someone enters the wrong password so many times that the phone is locked to protect it. Style any android phone without a factory reset.
Method 1: Unlock the phone via Google account:
- Step 1: If you have an Android smartphone, and you forgot your lock pattern, draw any pattern several times in a row until the protection appears and gives you a 30-second timeout, wait for a while for the “Forgot your password?” option to appear. and click on it.
- Step 2: Click on the Forgot password option, and the screen will display two options: either to answer the security question or to sign in to your device using the Google account associated with the device.
- Third Step: Click on the “Enter Google Account Details” option, and enter your account details.
- Step Four: Once you access your account change your device pattern with a new one and your device will be unlocked.
Method 2: Unlock the phone via Backup PIN:
When you set up a pattern lock for your device, it also displays an option to set up a backup code or a security PIN. If you set up these security codes, this method can easily solve your problem:
- Step one: Draw random patterns until the screen displays a 30-second wait reminder.
- Step Two: At the bottom, click on the Backup option.
- Third Step: Enter the PIN and the phone will be unlocked.
Method 3: Unlock with Smart Lock:
- While setting a pattern lock for your device, you may have seen the option to set up Smart Lock, under this setting, there are three options: Trusted device, Detect device while carrying, and Trusted place.
- You can enable this option to automatically unlock your device if you forget your password or pattern, for example: If you set up your home as a trusted place, your phone will be unlocked automatically when you enter your home, remember that this setting is only available with working smartphones With Android version 5.0 and above.
Method 4: Unlock using Android Device Manager:
Android Device Manager is a tool used to find, lock, unlock, or erase data from your device. To unlock your phone with this setting, follow these steps:
- First Step: Go to the Google Find My Device website via the following link here.
- Second Step: Choose your device and click on the option “Lock” or “Secure Device”.
- Step 3: A pop-up will appear where you can enter a new password for your device along with a recovery email.
- Step 4: Unlock your device with this new password.
Method 5: Unlock the phone using safe mode:
This method will only work if you have locked your device using a third-party app lock. To remove the device lock, do the following:
- Step one: Hold the power button until a popup appears on the screen.
- Step Two: Click the Power Off button and hold it for some time.
- Step 3: Now a message will appear on the screen to confirm restarting in safe mode.
- Step Four: Click OK and confirm the restart. Once the device restarts again, the phone will be unlocked automatically and the lock will be removed.