Has it ever happened to you that you tried to find an important file, document, photo, or anything else and found it missing from your computer? We think we’ve all been through that at least once in our lives. Accidentally deleting important files can be a frustrating and stressful experience but fortunately, there are ways to get them back on Windows 11. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to find and recover accidentally deleted files on Windows 11.
You must have a recent backup of your files or file recovery software installed on your computer before proceeding with the recovery process.
Deleted files should not be replaced with new ones, otherwise, recovery will not be successful.
Find deleted files in the recycle bin. If you find the files, you can restore them by right-clicking on them and selecting “Restore”.
- Open the Recycle Bin by double-clicking its icon on the desktop or by searching for it in the start menu.
- If the files are not in the Recycle Bin, you can use file recovery software to scan your computer for deleted files. Some popular file recovery software options include Recuva, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, and Disk Drill.
- Download and install file recovery software on your computer.
- Run the program and select the drive or partition where the deleted files are located.
- Let the program scan your drive or partition for deleted files. This process may take some time depending on the size of the drive or partition and the number of deleted files.
- Once the scan is complete, the program will display a list of deleted files that can be recovered.
- Select the files you want to recover and click the “Recover” button.
- Choose a location to save the recovered files, and the recovery process will start.
- Accidentally deleted files can be recovered on Windows 11 if the files are not overwritten by new ones. The Recycle Bin is the first place to check for deleted files, and if it is not there, file recovery software can be used to scan your computer for deleted files. It is important to have a recent backup or file recovery program installed before the accidental deletion occurred. Also, it is always recommended to regularly back up your important files to avoid data loss.