Sometimes it may be necessary to make a restore for your iPhone, and it is advised before starting this process to download the latest version of the iTunes application on the device and save all the files, photos, and data on it in case you do not want to lose it, as this process causes the deletion of all information and settings on the device. The device and the steps to restore the iPhone device are as follows:
- Open the iTunes app on your iPhone or PC.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC using the device’s cable.
- Enter the device code in the space shown on the screen, following the instructions on the screen.
- Select your iPhone’s name when it appears on the iTunes app.
- Select the Restore (device name) option, and click Restore again.
- Wait for the application to erase all information on the device and install the latest software on it.
Reasons to make a restore for the iPhone
There are many reasons for users to make a restore for their iPhone devices. Some of them resort to this in order to carry out the necessary repairs, which also cause the deletion of all data on the device, and some of them resort to this option after they erase all their data by mistake or intention. , or due to corruption of files on the device.
How to save data before restoring
One of the backup steps that the user can take before restoring the iPhone is to save the data on the device, and a backup of this data can be made on iCloud by following these steps:
- Select Settings on the iPhone, then the name of the device.
- Select the iCloud app.
- Find the iCloud backup option, and set its button to the on position.
- Wait for the backup to complete, knowing that iCloud will perform a new data backup every 24 hours.